"Across Our Table" Recipes
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 1 tbsp garlic salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp paprika
• 2-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
• 1-14 ounce can tomato sauce
• 1 lb elbow macaroni
• Brown ground beef, onion and pepper.
• Season with garlic salt and pepper.
• Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
• Boil macaroni, drain.
• Put macaroni in a casserole dish and add beef mixture.
• Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
• Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese (add last 5 mins of baking)
• 4 potatoes, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
• 2 cans cream-style corn
• 2 cans corn
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 1 Tbsp butter
• Mix and sauté potatoes and onion into a large pot in olive oil or butter. Add the broth. Season with salt and pepper.
• Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot. Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
• Add cream corn and whole corn.
• Remove from heat, add the half-and-half and 1Tbsp butter, salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4-6.
Key Lime Pie
• 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
• 3 cups sweetened condensed milk (2-14 ounce cans)
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3/4 cup key lime juice
• 1 TBSP grated lime zest
Preheat oven to 350 F
In a medium bowl, combine milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN!!
Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
2 cloves garlic Minced
1/2 onion, Diced
1 Cucumber, Diced
3 Tomatoes, Diced
1 Zucchini, Diced
2 stalks Celery, Diced
1 pepper, diced
4 Cups Tomato Juice
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsps Sugar
4 dashes Tabasco
dash salt & pepper
In the bowl of a blender, combine all ingredients.
Blend until mixed well; mixture will have a nice speckled, colorful texture.
Pour into a large bowl. Stir mixture together. Chill soup for at least a couple of hours; soup needs to be very cold! Remove from the fridge and stir before serving.